There are many rewarding job roles in the adult care sector. At Shape you will receive high quality training and gain practical experience in local care settings.
- Learning the meaning of Person centred Care.
- Enhancing Communication skills and building trust with individuals.
- Supporting individuals with personal, social and practical care.
- Working as part of a caring, professional team.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
On completion of your qualification you will be a qualified Adult Care Assistant. Once you have completed your Level 3 qualification you may also progress to higher education (via an access course) to study nursing, social work and other courses.
Vocational Choices in Adult Care
Further Education at SHAPE TRAINING
Which jobs could I pursue?
Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
Level 3 Work based Apprenticeship
|Senior Care Worker|
Advanced Support Worker
Assessor / Tutor
Level 2 Adult Care Worker
Level 2 Work based Apprenticeship
|Health Care Assistant|
Level 3 Apprentice
Level 1 Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children and Young People’s Settings
|This qualification will be a stepping-stone to Level 2 Adult Care Worker or Level 2 Apprentice|
ENGLISH & MATHS
Depending on your previous grades you may need to study English and Maths. These are essential skills that all employers value. Your facilitator can answer any questions you have regarding this.
WORK EXPERIENCE / EMPLOYABILITY
We want to help you develop real skills for real jobs. That’s why we work closely with a wide range of employers to ensure all our
courses give you the skills that they are looking for in their future employees. We know that getting real experience of your chosen field is vital that’s why we build practical skills and hands on work experience into our Adult care courses.
You’ll get the opportunity to develop a range of additional skills including the ability to work independently and as part of a team, putting together and delivering presentations, organisation and research skills.
Gaining a Childcare qualification will allow you to work with children of various ages. At Shape you will receive high quality training and gain practical experience with a child minder, in a local nursery or primary school.
- Assist & monitor children’s learning & development.
- Promoting childrens positive behaviour.
- Plan, prepare & support learning activities in schools & nurseries.
- Work with a professional team.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Early Years Practitioner.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Educator.
On completion of your Level 3 you will be a qualified Teaching Assistant. You may also progress onto higher education (via an access course) to study nursing teaching & other courses.
Our Level 3 qualification is recognised for registration with the General Dental Council and is an essential requirement for dental nurses. At Shape you will receive high quality training & gain practical experience in a local dental practice.
- Supporting the dentist & making the patient comfortable.
- Preparing instruments and materials for dental procedures & assisting with x-rays.
- Maintaining a high standard of infection control & health & safety.
- Making appointments & taking payments
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
On completion of your Level 3 you will be a qualified Dental Nurse. You may also progress onto higher education (via an access course) to study Dental Hygiene, Dental Therapy and other courses.
Work Skills gives you the chance to develop the skills and experience you need to reach your career goals. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of local employers to learn in a practical way while deciding which career is best suited to you.
City & Guilds Level 1 in Childcare
City & Guilds Level 2 Employability
Maths & English GCSE and Functional Skills
On completion of your qualification, not only will you of developed your work skills but you will be prepared for an Apprenticeship, Further Education or employment.