Gaining a Childcare qualification will allow you to work with children of various ages. At Shape you will receive high quality training and gain practical experience with a child minder, in a local nursery or primary school.
- Assist & monitor children’s learning & development.
- Promoting childrens positive behaviour.
- Plan, prepare & support learning activities in schools & nurseries.
- Work with a professional team.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Early Years Practitioner.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Educator.
On completion of your Level 3 you will be a qualified Teaching Assistant. You may also progress onto higher education (via an access course) to study nursing teaching & other courses.
Vocational Choices in CHILDCARE
Further Education at SHAPE TRAINING
Which jobs could I pursue?
Teaching assistant in a school
Assistant Early Years Practitioner
This qualification will be a steppingstone to Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 2 Apprentice
ENGLISH & MATHS
Depending on your previous grades you may need to study English and Maths. These are essential skills that all employers value. Your facilitator can answer any questions you have regarding this.
WORK EXPERIENCE / EMPLOYABILITY
We want to help you develop real skills for real jobs. That’s why we work closely with a wide range of employers to ensure all our courses give you the skills that they are looking for in their future employees. We know that getting real experience of your chosen field is vital that’s why we build practical skills and hands on work experience into our Childcare courses.
You’ll get the opportunity to develop a range of additional skills including the ability to work independently and as part of a team, putting together and delivering presentations, CV writing, job search and time management